Friday, May 8, 2009

I did something odd today - I checked my daughter's cervix. I was all clinical and logical about it - "Oh, no problem, I can do this." - but the truth is that it is far different when it is your child's vagina that you are elbow deep in. And the os was to the side which took me a minute to figure out. At first I thought there was a lip on one side but not the other. Then I realized that it was tilted to the right. Having not ever felt or seen her cervix before, I don't know if it was because her baby's head is at an odd angle or if she's built that way. And while I was trying to figure out exactly what I was feeling, I was having a mild panic attack about how strange it was that I was doing it. So apparently there are things in this world that freak me out - even if I fake like I'm all cool, calm and collected.

Speaking of cervices, go check out the Beautiful Cervix Project. It's an awesome site and if I had the right equipment, I'd participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment