Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Networking

While I'm here in M-town, I'm staying with a couple who were 'MY' couple a couple of years ago. The relationship has changed over the years - both mine with them and their's with one another - but we are still very close. We still consider one another family and I have no qualms about squatting at their house for ... oh, say 3-4 weeks at a time. Odd? Maybe.

Then there's the fact that last night, I slept in the bed with my ex-husband's wife. Ex-husband was sent to sleep elsewhere while she and I polished off a bottle of Shiraz and watched "Seven Pounds" on the bedroom tele. She even lent me her favorite linen pajama pants. When my son walked through the bedroom this morning, he shook his head and said, "Now this just ain't right".

My husband's ex-wife and the guy I came very close to marrying were both at our wedding. All in all, there were probably a dozen people at our wedding that we'd been naked with and we still cared enough about to have them share our wedding day with us.

I have a large network of people that I love and trust in my life. Some of them, I've been intimate with in the past. Some of them, I'm still intimate with. Some of them I've never been intimate with and won't be. Are there blurred lines? Probably. I don't think it's unhealthy. I guess I'm good at navigating changing relationship parameters and keeping the parts that are good even when other parts have to go. I totally get how strange it seems to some people, but I have to say it's one of the parts of my life that I feel best about. There's a lot of love in my life.

me

No comments:

Post a Comment