Sunday, May 24, 2009

My grandson is here and my heart swells and warmth moves in to every cell of me when I hold him. In a few hours, I'll be leaving him to go back home. Home to the little city that I love. Where we can walk 4 blocks and reach the school, the community pool, the park and baseball field, the Senior Center and community garden. Where the drama that is almost a daily occurrence here in M-town doesn't exist.

Yet....

I have loved being with my daughter these past few weeks. Helping her settle in, encouraging her and supporting her as she figures out who she is as a mother (and she's awesome by the way). Perhaps if we lived in the same city it wouldn't be as special.

My heart hurts at having to leave and at the same time, I miss my life back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment